The Ex-Flame Moves In

20.12.2009

 


I dreamt that my ex-flame Giovanni (previously seen in my dream Indiana Jones and the Fake Moustache) was back and had apparently moved in with me, which is strange in and of itself, but even stranger when you consider the fact that I actually don't have a home at the moment and am staying with my parents for the time being after a recent break-up (with another guy). But in the dream my parents must have been living somewhere else, because it was just me and Giovanni in their house. I don't remember much about the events surrounding his move-in, but I remember that he took an interest to a cookbook that I'd won in a party game at a real-life Christmas party I'd been to on the night before my dreaming this. He thought the pictures in the book were very nice, and would like to try out some of the dishes, he said. We were doing fairly well together, Giovanni and I, which is completely unrealistic since I can't remember a time when he and I were ever doing well together, and I can't imagine that I'd have much tolerance for the guy at this point in my life.

After a couple of days, however, things started to go awry between us. Giovanni invited all of his friends over to watch soccer on TV with him, and he and his friends were extremely loud and annoying. They were drinking a lot of beer and kept screaming things at the screen whenever something happened in the game. At some point Giovanni even shouted something antisemitic at one of the players, which was when I lost it. I abruptly switched off the TV and started shouting at the top of my lungs at Giovanni and his friends. I was all THIS IS MY PLACE, DAMMIT! I WANT YOU ALL OUT OF HERE NOW! Then I rushed out of there, furious.

After a walk I had calmed down considerably, and for some reason I thought I ought to forgive Giovanni (because loud and annoying antisemites are so charming?), so I went back, although I felt confident that Giovanni would have left in anger by now. Sure enough; once I got back to the house, it looked completely different and Giovanni was nowhere to be found. Instead the cast of the TV-series The Wire season 1 were there. I started walking around, looking at all the characters. I saw Bubbles and felt glad - I'd missed him since I finished watching the first season. Suddenly, however, it wasn't me walking around, it was an attractive, African-American girl, and I noticed that someone who was kind of like D'Angelo, but not quite him, eyed the girl with interest. I thought to myself that this was probably meant as a kind of foreshadowing of a relationship between the two of them later on in the series.

Then somebody told me that Giovanni was up on the roof, so I went up there to see him. However, when I got up there, it wasn't Giovanni anymore, it was Queen Latifah (???), and she was throwing balls off the rooftop, AND SHE WAS NAKED! WTH? On the other side of the street there was a hotel, and the hotel manager shouted at me, gesturing at the naked Queen Latifah, saying "Will somebody please get her off of that rooftop?! She is offending my customers!"

Then I woke up.

0 kommentarer: